Sunday, 11 October 2009

Forward

A good week, on several levels. For example...

On a practice level: a progress in establishing the framework for my personal practice at school. What I apply works for me, so I will keep doing it, reflecting on it, and refining it.

On a professional level: I had a formal lesson observation on Wednesday and has been given a positive feedback on it. All features of my lesson were given 'satisfactory' mark, with one 'good' which reportedly is a very good beginning in this very school. Some other teachers also gave me feedback on my progress and from this I gather that my contract is going to be extended after Christmas. Hurray!

A link to the Guitar Circle Journals website is now added on the right side of this page. This website was a response to the need of several GC students that wished to continue with this journalizing exercise after it completed on the GC website. Something has been completed, and than it was only self-initiative... On that website there are also links to external websites of certain individuals (including me) who keep sometimes more, sometimes less to the original exercise guidelines. I suppose it's like with various Guitar Circles (or clubs) around the world. Each develop into something different, a vehicle to serve different needs, in different contexts.

An AT lesson yesterday was a step forward. I was in a better shape than last week, so we were able to take the work further, insted of it being just a recovery measure. We worked with the chair, monkey stance and table turn.

Sunday so far has been very intensive. We had a 3rd meeting of Guitar Circle of London, followed by lunch together. Then a talk with Hernan in Kiel, and my parents in Tychy.

Last Sunday I thought that more regular posingts were impossible. I was wrong, at least in the last week. Now it's time to prepare for tomorrow...

-------

Sensitivity is personal, consciousness is impersonal.

Allowing hazard to carry us through life can lead to disaster.

No comments: