I have recently shared a link to this journal site with a friend from Harrogate. She wrote today, saying that she learnt more about me from reading it than during time I stayed there (just over 6 months) Something to reflect on. Not often i get feedback about it.
Hang around with flat mate Colin in the evening. We have a nice curry for dinner, then he helps me with tailoring up-to-date CV. It seems that I'm not very good in 'selling myself', very much true. But why is this so? Modesty, false modesty? Not wanting to boast about myself? I've never felt I had to, just to give few facts about this and that and it's sorted. He seems to have a different view of my skills and abilities than Jacek, and encourages me to write more, which I do. It's useful to chat with him about things and he gives me a good boost of confidence in myself and about the future. Later on I send the school placement request to 4 places, and many more will follow tomorrow.Then we watch a bit of East Enders (not that I like it - cultural studies, of course) and an episode of Waterloo Street. It's a drama about the secondary school life. Of course it's exaggerated, it's just the telly drama, still, it's useful to watch it, and I enjoy it too. Later on C shows some of the pictures taken during his recent visit home in Thirsk (North Yorkshire) and on one of them I recognize his friend who happens to be the son of the man that lives in the Care Home I worked at. I remember his face from one of the pictures in a room 27, on the first floor!
Later on I talk with my sister Ania who is doing the night shift at that place tonight, and tell her the story.
A quality corner:
No comments:
Post a Comment