It's 14 o'clock, time to get up. Sitting, then hang around downstairs preparing for work, eating, chatting with Ania etc.
In one of the dreams I just had somebody was going through my teacher registration documents, and then there it is - an email from General Teaching Council. It took them a month to get to this application and of course they have another request to provide them with old form that is apparently missing. I sent it, but they don't have it. A test of patience !
We leave the house with Ania at 17 o'clock, it's a long drive to Harrogate, because it's the traffic time. We visit friend Ewa, who's living just a minute walk from the apartment we used to live with my sister. There are also two other Polish friends visiting, all working at the same place, it's like a little community. There's cake, coffee and liquor, all very nice.
Then there's a nightshift, each one is different, of course, but it's easy to forget it. I noticed that approaching the work on one night in the same manner as on the good previous night, doesn't guarantee anything. The time is different, people are and feel different, the staff is different etc. So each night is like beginning again, really. Acting with accordance with time and person. A good shift, although the big wave of tiredness comes in the last 45 minutes - the most busy time of the day.
After this Ania gives me a lift to the bus station, Jotd. From there I catch National Express to Manchester. Home after 11 am, some emails, reading book and online journals, catching up. Now it's 12.32 am, time for some sleep. Well almost, first shower and sitting exercise to wind down - I'm looking forward to it.
Thursday, 11 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment