Thursday, 11 September 2008

11th September - kind of a short day

At 17.59 the door bell rang, just one minute before the set alarm. I can hear George opening the door, it's the landlord with somebody viewing the property. I feel refreshed and alert, strange that, after 5 hours of sleep ? But this is very welcomed and I enjoy it while it lasts.

Have a cup of tea. Then sitting, charging.

Writing a report to the JGB Reading Group, this goes smoothly. Two excerpts from the studied material particularly resonate with me:

The right use of one's body and the creation of conditions where other parts will be free and able to act is the very start of self-knowledge.

Automatism is part of the natural and necessary equipment of man for living. But the automatic processes are either formed in us before birth - that is, they are instinctive-or else they are acquired by life, by our contact with other people, in the same way as children learn from birth various automatisms by imitation, by the influence and correction that grown up people round them exercise. In this way habits are formed, and habits can be both good and bad...


So submit the report and have dinner after this, relax. The smoke detector in the ante room is going crazy, it's very sensitive to the temperature. After this I watch an episode from The Trials of Life, this one is about finding the food. Hard job...

Getting tired now, it looks it's going to be a short Thursday. Short but good and I got some time with guitar, playing: Bach some GC repertoire, and others. Also JotD.

Post this and evening meditation, then it will be bed...

It's 00.05

No comments: