Wednesday, 2 July 2008

First day at work

Wake up feeling anxious again. Surprise, surprise.. Before I engage in whatever the day brings it's time for morning exercise. 30 minutes for doing nothing, hoooray ! Before this I have no other choice but to say no to laptop asking me to turn it on and check emails. Good deal, at least I have a bit more attention available to invest in the exercise. At the end of the sitting I acknowledge the specific commitment to undertake over the next 7 weeks.

Then it's time for emails plus usual morning routine followed by one job in the kitchen. Scrub, scrub, sweep, sweep and it's done - after this there's even a time for a cup of tea and some AT work before I leave to work, luxury.

Go to Manchester for a first shift in the kitchen. It's in a Spanish restaurant and there are people from all around the world working there: Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal and Poland. Great company, good work but I'm drained at the end of it. Too long break from work perhaps ? Again I'm doing a job I don't particularly want to do. Well, there's a rent to be paid and money saved so I do it. Still, I can't help noticing the pattern repeating itself yet again. If all goes well I'll have my qualifications confirmed by the end of the Summer and how wonderful would that be ? let's wait and see..
.
Back in the flat, it's nearly 7 o'clock. I have quick dinner, good old pesto and after a little break I rest in AT semi-supine position.

Then it's quiet time ...

Feel more invigorated now. E-mails: sending application for at a distance Guitar Craft course in Spain beginning tomorrow. Then Ania calls. She is in Lake District at the moment and is really enjoying herself. I look forward to seeing her on Monday. She promised to bring some goodies and some surprises with her - hoooray ! We say goodbye to each other and then I have some Facebook time fun and watch more Attenborough documentary (Natural History of Behaviour) Beautiful work.

Soon to bed, but first recap & journal.

And a noticing: a decision to keep the journal has increased my alertness and sensitivity during the day...

Just realized this journal had +8h Pacific Time setting, hmmmm

No comments: