Tuesday, 1 July 2008

A most beautiful Tuesday

Get up at 7 o'clock this morning. It's cool and I do the morning sitting next to the open window, refreshing. This morning's soundtrack is a garbage truck outside, housemates getting ready for job and the cars on Stockport Road (not to mention the internal noise !)  etc. 

After this have a light breakfast and head off to Fallowfield Campus where Manchester Alexander Technique Training School is based (http://www.alextechteaching.ork.uk). I participate in the usual day of work. There is a reading from Walter Carrington's book. Malcolm who is in charge of Manchester school used to assist WC for many years, and he in turn used to work closely with FMA so there's a strong link with Alexander's work here. Good time and a lot of fun today. I reconnect and recharge the batteries and it feels like coming back on track ! The weather outside is just fab, very enjoyable walk back to Levenshulme in a full sun.

Back home, shower, lunch and a bit of tidying up here and there. The dust gathers quickly in this room so I sweep it.

There are few new podcasts available today which is quite a treat, like John Cleese or BBC Friday Night Comedy. I listen to some of these plus some other talks. 

I find myself strangely tired these days. Just fatigued, fatigued fatigued. Well, I guess one of the reasons of this would be thinking too much, as usual - a little energy sucker. I notice I'm getting idle so go out for a walk. Head to the nearby park, the weather is still spectacular, very warm and sunny. No surprise there are so many people around. I sit down to enjoy the sun and try to get the sense of local life in Levenshulme. I can hear a Polish voice, a mother speaking to her children. I introduce myself and have a little chat about living in Manchester.

Back in my room. Quiet time...

Then a bit of socializng with housemates. They are good company and we laugh a lot, feel lucky to have cheerful people around. It's getting late, chill out slowly: watch first episode from The Trials of Life series by David Attenborough. Incredible stuff. Then some more comedy shows, More AT work.

Then have a very useful phone call. After this take time to reflect on the recent changes and look at what needs to be done. Also go through the events of the day. Bed soon.

 

No comments: