Get up very late this morning, oops. It's already warm and sunny outside!
Sitting. The assosiative thinking and daydreaming are fully on, ouch ! This I mainly atribute to staying in bed for too long. What to do then ? Usually engaging my attention in the body helps a little, but this morning it's particularly hard. The work of moving attention through the body feels like trying to walk in the river against the big current. Well, that's how it goes sometimes and that's how work on habitual feels like to me - work against gravity...
I have a cup of tea then clean the front of the house (JotD). When I'm back in the kitchen Raul is already there getting ready for school. We chat and I have my breakfast: toast with orange marmalade, really delicious. There's so much good English food and this marmalade that some Englishmen like so much to put on their toasts in the morning is just great... Anyway I inform Raul that another housemate left us today. Rya came back to Isreal this morning so there are 6 of us in the flat at the moment. Actually he wasn't aware that another tenant, also from Israel left 3 days ago, but that's the flow information in this house, and I became a main gossip man.
AT lie-down while listening to the lecture, exercising division of attention. Am I able to give part of my attention to listening while being aware of my body and sending directions ? No, is the answer today, yet this is essential teaching skill we are going to learn in the AT school. Anyway, this is not only about teaching skills really. A GC Aphorism springs to mind here: Our life is as rich as our attention available.
Go out for a walk in the neighbourhood and perhaps find some job. Jobwise it doesn't look that good, but I leave one cv in subway. There are many Irish and Polish living in this part of the city, which is reflected in the number of Irish pubs and Polish convenience stores around.
This morning an email arrived with idea to join a book club with focus on studying specific writings. It sounds great and we'll come back to it at the right time ! Later there's another email that ends up in the spam and which I almost delete automatically, but that's from the Ministry of Education in Poland. There's some progress with processing my request to obtain necessary documents to register as a teacher in the UK. That quick response is promising.
Lunch, it's still very warm outside. I grab a book and go out to the city centre. It's vibrant, loud & crowded. It's ok to meditate in my room, but staying present in the rush and noise of such place is a challenge indeed ! Very enjoyable afternoon. I get in touch with Raul and we meet up at his school. We have a walk around the city...
Back home, dinner, then have some quiet time....
It's the second day of AAD course today and I keep up the work of observing the habits of the hands. One thing to keep in my mind is that the aim is to observe, not to change. Self-observing requires some awareness and this by itself will change something, but I noticed it's very easy to suppress whatever I'm observing and turn it into not-expressing which is not quite the same thing. This is how I see it anyway, I might be wrong.
I prefer to stay at home tonight. I watch some videos on youtube, including Eddie Izern, a comedian recommended by Piotrek plus Steven Seagal sorting some baddies out in the bar. I also speak with Ania on the phone and she gave me a positive feedback on the journals, apparently It's not as boring as a bowl of flaki ...
OK, soon to bed, it's 23:25 and it's not as loud as one might expect it to be so late on the Friday night.
Recap of the day, journal & goodnight.
Friday, 4 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment