Thursday, 14 May 2009

Yesterday & today

The internet didn't work last night, so I couldn't post. The main thing about yesterday was that I got fed up with looking for the placement. Dealing with schools requires patience that was not available today for me. Not acknowledging emails or phone calls being the most irritating feature of how the schools operate. However, I cannot do anything about those schools, nor one school, nor one individual person... But at least I can address my personal state - this is possible, and I do.

So how one responses to negative emotion? I found that conventional education doesn't teach how to deal with this, in fact it doesn't show us how to notice we are negative, to begin with. And it seems such an essential life skill...

So there we go, that's what it is. In the evening I spontaneously go out running for few minutes, to get physically tired, and go to sleep...

* * * * *

And today:

Wake up at 6:00, go running for 5 minutes, enough for me. Then shower, a cup of lemon & honey drink and Extended AAD Sitting Exercise.

After breakfast do some ironing, and get ready to visit one school soon...

8.53

...

I visit the maths department and two classes in that school, a useful experience this. Walk back home, and almost immediately off to meet Kofi at the Kings Cross station. He brings the printer for me, a gift that is going to be very useful. He also has some provision of food from my sister - as usual It's her initiative, and as always I'm very happy about it. Chat with K for a while.

At home: Ania's carbonara for lunch, mmm.

Then few emails, including one that may give me one option of moving on with the placement - not ideal, but it may be the only one available at the moment, so I do it.

15:00 - the JOTD.

Tidy up, then have coffee with Pawel.

Then leave to JGB Group meeting. I got confused with times, and as I found later came too early. So I'm there before 5, but the person at the door says the meeting is at 6, so I leave it 6.15 ... in fact it's at 7.

So I don't attend the meeting, go back early and have dinner with Pawel. A's humous goes well with garlic bread!...

Then Emails, guitar, stuff...

It's 23:41

And the picture from the park in Central London I hanged around today:



Is it going to save the readers from being bored to death after reading this post?

No comments: