Every Friday the briefing in the staff room begins with Hymn singing here. I don't know this particular one (well, don't know most of the English hymns really) but grab the book with lyrics and join in. Great way to mark beginning of the day, spirit uplifting.
During this briefing I'm also briefly introduced to the other teachers, a small gesture, but makes a big difference to me, no longer anonymous!
During break I check my alternative email box and there's an answer from one of the schools I applied to for the school placement. On the day when I was sending these requests out I had to use that other account, as my default one wouldn't cope with attachments, for some reason. This email is the positive response from the Ealing Benedictine School, sent to me one week ago, just after i accepted the school i'm in at the moment. What an irony - if I could chose any school I would choose St.Benedict's, but there you go, instead I'm in the place I dreaded and didn't want to go to at all. Why haven't I checked it earlier, what's going on here? I have the sense it may be too late to undo what has been already done and if it wasn't, not sure if I can afford dealing with the repercussions of this.
Ah, how silly.
Even the local cat waited for me after the school to personally tell me how silly it was:
The Local Cat: I think it was really silly.
Jacek: Tell me about it.
At home: Colin cooks and shares dinner with me. After this I complete the Division of Attention Project before the week break, also read more JotD reports and play the guitar.
It's 23.09 o'clock. There's a pint of Carlsberg from Colin chilling in the fridge for me. Time to relax & let go of the week.
Two full days are ahead...
No comments:
Post a Comment