Tuesday, 20 January 2009

More sleep, please...

20th January 2009

It's 7-ish. Wake up after about 2 hours of sleep, it actually seems enough, i feel sharp. The day is slowly unfolding and I'm glad to be up to rise with it. Morning Sitting while it's getting lighter and lighter outside.

After breakfast I sit down with mac and sort out the teaching related documents. Go out to print them out, and and get some very useful Maths books (3 for £5.5!)

Then I go out to enjoy the sun and check out where some of the local schools are located. I post the letters to three of them on the way. While walking, i reflect on the current moves and changes, from this point the past seems as if i was living in the shell, but no judgement.

I also recall my main aim of stay here in England: to train as the AT teacher. It's good to recall this, as it helps to see the purpose in what i'm doing now. It won't take less than 4 years, and hopefully no longer than 5.

I go back home, eat lunch, then do some general cleaning. Not enough sleep is catching up with me... Some emails, guitar...

Then I sit down to practice the Rememberance, a welcomed change of direction.

JOTD.

Hang around in the living room, there's a friend visiting M. I get something to eat, browse some guitar magazines. One article about Mathew Bellany from Muse out there. I like this kind of stuff.

And some time on the web. For example watch the first presidential speech of Barack Obama. I'm not particularly interested in listening to politicians, but this is an electrifying performance. Almost 20 minutes long and no notes has been used! Well, I wish good luck to this man.

Also listen to an interview with the director Darren Aronofsky. Then B, M and J watch his Requiem for a Dream. One of the movies I could watch over and over, and it's more for how it's done, than for the story itself. Intensive movie!

There's one email in the mailbox I have to reflect on before responding. Can't say i have to decide, as in a strange way the decision seems to be already there - i'm just not there to see it yet. So now, the mind is generously giving some useless ideas i kindly let go of, and wait for the answer that comes via other channels.

Getting sleepy. Bed time. 23.06

No comments: