Tuesday, 16 December 2008

unexpected

A call from work wakes me up: "could you possibly do the day shift today?' Sure! I take time to sit, eat the breakfast, iron my uniform etc. and leave to arrive to be ready for 10 o'clock.

And how was the day at work? In short: draining. We were understaffed, and I'm also bit out of the day shift routine, which didn't make things easier.

Back home, shower. There's a lot to do and there seems to be a little time for it. And I'm very tired. Anyway I approach the jobs in front of me resolutely and in a positive manner. But first! ... AT lie-down. Then guitar to wake up after hours of sleep at work. Things seem more do-able after guitar practiced in a specific way. Metronome is at 40. I notice it's most easy to sense the hands when practicing very slow.

JOTD, ECP recording. In the meantime some emails etc. At the end of it I'm surprised how the time passed by and it's all out of the way. I feel I could carry on like this for another 4 hours!

Before bed, a little cup of warm & not-as-spicy-as-usual Ghanian soup from Kofi. It finishes off the day just nicely. Hmm, there's a big poster of Muhammad Ali on our wall in the living room, he looks almost alive to me now, almost as if ready to jump out of it with the right hook on offer. I better go to sleep.

No comments: