Tuesday, 18 November 2008

more

Sunday the 16th of November

Up in the afternoon. The PoDN at 16.03.

I have my dinner (pardon me, breakfast!) It takes a little while to cook the fish (in the oven, wrapped in foil) and Marek makes few suggestion what to add with it and provides with a very flavoursome sauce for it with magic ingredient. This and cooked carrots make a delicious meal.

There's an Extended Circle Meeting held between 17.30 & 19.30 tonight. One of the things worked on:


Eye of the Needle bass count. Metronome is at 63 (later on moved to 60, as it worked better)

First descending line (13 bars of 4) Work without guitar - clapping.

The approach I take tonight is to focus on individual bars of the line first.

For example: 

loop the bar 7 (with the 1st note of the line on the count of 7-3)
loop the bar 8 (with the 2nd note of the line on the count 8-2)

loop bars 7 & 8 together, integrating the rhythm in the body. The body is relaxed.

Loop the bar 9 (with the 3rd & 4th note of the line on the count of 9-1 & 9-3 )

Loop the bar 8 & 9
Loop the bars 7, 8 & 9 

and so on...

When the line is complete, practice with and without counting.

... 

Then work on the next 13 bars of 4 (3 notes)

At the end work on the first 26 bars of the piece.


A very quiet night at work follows. I also sense the AAD course, have a strong feel for this one.

At home. I'm tired. Although I plan to formally begin in the evening, I can't help, but sit down and acknowledge the process no doubt already underway.

No comments: