Tuesday, 9 September 2008

8th September - confusing the body clock

This Monday starts at 18.57, when I wake up, readjusting to the night shift mode. Sitting, it has to be short. The stillness is healing. Ania treats me with 'breakfast', that is ribs with rice and veg - delicious ! Then we are off for a night shift. Leeds->Harrogate

All people working here tonight are Polish, it tells something about the staffing situation at this place. My sister is in charge downstairs, and I assist on the middle floor, working with the nurse and other carer. I like this quietness and stillness at night, not much is going on tonight and there's a space for some catching up of all sorts, while being alert to what is needed.

We are off back to Leeds at 8, the traffic is heavy and it takes ages to get back to Ania's place. I don't know how she can do it after 24 hours without sleep and 12 hours at work, hat off. Finally we arrive - Ania has ice-cream and I have soup, happy siblings.

I'm tired, and the body still confused with what time of the day it is. Recalling the aim helps to go back on the track. Some catching up, including guitar work - taking 'better good 30 minutes than dispersed hour' approach. Also JotD...

It's 11:44 am. Post this, one more exercise, and to bed.

No comments: