A day in Yorkshire:
It begins in time & good tone, early rise in Marek's flat and getting ready for job. Usual proceedings.
Most of the time during the day is spent at work: 8-20 shift. A group of home residents are visiting Scarborough on the bus today and I join them with the team of carers. Good event, it's very important for them to leave the walls of the home from time to time and go away, even if it means getting some rain ! The highlight of the trip is the sea, of course, and fish & chips with freshly caught haddock is just great.
I'm positively tired at the end of this. Walk back to Cheltenham Mount apartment, then decide to walk to good old Valley Gardens looking for some quiet place to do some chi kung and to cool down. It's very dark, and while I'm sitting quietly one man slowly passes by once, then another time, on the third occasion he stops few metres away. There's some tension in the air and after a while I drop the exercise, say 'good evening' and chat with the visitor. His name is Peter and seems to be bit nervous at first, but we break the ice and talk for a while. Then it's time to go back to the apartment. We talk with Marek about some possible plans for the end of the year, then it's time for JOTD.
Borrowed Vodafone mobile USB modem is working fine, so the internet is available. That's good. I check email, some journals & ARC site.
A good day in terms of practice, it's events inviting me to be more intelligent and creative about it.
It's 00.12 now.
Thursday, 4 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment