Tuesday, 2 September 2008

2nd September - the first full day

It feels strange to wake up after such a long night. It's 7 o'clock and it's cold, a first full day in the new apartment is ahead. I lie in bed for few minutes, taking time to wake up, then walk to the nearby park to do some stretches. It's easier to wake up in the cold.

I warm up with the herbal tea and do morning sitting. In the meantime sun comes up bringing nourishment and warmth - I need sun. Also the activity in the street increases, some people start walking, I can even hear some geese, sweet sound to my ears, these must be pond-based ones from the park.

A busy day ahead. I spend the morning writing emails, some job-related phone calls, all this goes smoothly. I also meet my new flatmate with his girlfriend. She'll be coming back to Minnesota tomorrow.

I have a lovely lunch brought by Ania - golabki and spicy cake. After this chill out, listen to some MySpace music - it's free and some of the bands I wanted to listen to again are there, like Gordian Knot.

A noticeable transition in the day, something has changed in the air, kind of 'beginning again'.

AT lie-down, allow the back to lengthen and widen. Good prelude for practicing with the instrument, approaching it with a greater sense of body presence now. One hour of this - I'm working toward a simple, clear and positive aim.

It's raining outside, good weather for the reading ! AAD connection, then first reading of the first chapter from the JGB book - a part of Applied Reading Circle study.

It stops raining so do Jotd outside the house, doing what is possible with what is available. The next door neighbors pass by and I say hello and introduce myself - the old lady doesn't speak English, so her little grandson (my guess) translates.

Then I go out to do the shopping. After this write several emails, one of them to Manchester based AT teacher, a difficult message I postponed for some time. Once I finally clicked on 'new message' and began writing from the feelings all this imaginary anxiety was gone and the words just flew.

Later on a welcomed message from a friend, and yes, it can be felt. Ah, and by the way - I'm finally writing at the proper desk sitting on the proper chair - a luxury - huray !

Evening meditation marks a transition day in the evening, again. It's dark outside, time to wind down. I have dinner then relax...

At 22 o'clock have a skype meeting with friend Marcin in Tychy. Updates, catching up, some GC related, good to stay in touch. We are going to meet in October on the Course in Spain.

Journals and bed. It's 23:58

No comments: