Wednesday, 23 July 2008

And what if it was mine ?

Very tired after yesterday. I stay in bed, but perhaps bit too long ... Wonderful dream last night about play, being child-like (but not childish, a distinction often made by one experienced friend).

Sitting. I do what I can with attention available, persist in completing exercise.

I have breakfast with Raul than sit down to emails/internet. One of them regarding the flat looked promising, but when I thought it through I realized it's a scam. The story goes that the flat is not available to view during next week and deposit is required to book the place. The place has a very high standard for a little money and apparently an owner of the flat went away to work in the Africa, so he deals with the money and they should be send to him (Nigeria's dialing number) There's a way to confirm whether it's a scam, and it is. What are the circumstances here I'm wondering, what are the money for ? Perhaps it's just another greedy crook, or perhaps somebody without any opportunities and in desperate need of money, for example to feed big family ? No idea, but will report it to the gumtree...

Have an AT lie-down and listen to another Friday night comedy podcast. Superb, as always... It looks like the battery in the laptop is nearly gone. I'll need to it fairly soon.

More time online looking for accommodation and job. Then lunch, landlord is here, and even the cleaner who with a speed of light cleans all the house, even JotD that was waiting for me today.

I then head off to Piccadilly to meet up with Esteban. We go to Costa. I want ice coffee, and make mistake asking for 'frozen coffee'. Somehow the girl in the shop finds it hilarious and burst out into long laughter ! Cheerful moment, then when we leave she laughs again ... We have a walk around the city centre and come across a little open air street performance, part of Manchester Jazz festival. There's an interesting moment when the singer gets applause and leaves the stage, and soon after other musicians clearly stop, only the drummer keeps going - he hasn't noticed ! Who is the leader in this group ? Apparently the saxophone player who goes to speak to him, and then eventually he speaks to the audience to explain and he stops. Very amusing.

Off to work. I'm very tired tonight, not in the highest spirits for work, but there you go. The main language in the kitchen is Portuguese tonight and only I don't speak it. Sometimes it is Polish, depends on the day. While I go about my normal duties I observe how I relate to material objects that don't belong to me. Do I treat them the same way as I would treat 'my' objects ?

Just before I leave home one workmate makes this comment: 'That's it, we're done. One day less left in life ...' This strikes me and without trying to be clever I comment that for me it's 'one day more in life'. Hmmm, it doesn't really bother me that much that I have less and less days left. Perhaps it's also the question of age and changes as we grow older ? I don't know, but there's not much age difference between us. What I'm making out of today I'm wondering ? Valid question, and then there's the question of Aim ...

Back in the flat: Ajiz and Raul are there and we have a little chat. Then I head upstairs to have the shower. The cars are still audible in Stockport Rd although it's late. I review what happened today and during this some things to be done came up. I didn't have much drive/energy for the Theme work planned for today, but I persisted with coming back to it.

Then I go downstairs to post the journals and miss the few last stairs and land on the radiator with my arm shoulder, ouch ! Loud noise in the quiet flat, dozy moments... Post this and to bed. It's 2:34

No comments: