Wow, that was quite a day.
Up with the alarm clock at 6.40 - tough. I notice how my thinking about getting up and the emotional reaction to it depends on the body posture. The perspective is different, depending on whether you are lying down, or sitting up, alert.
Usual morning exercises come to the rescue. Then coffee and internet catch up.
Then... work on maths, only to realize later that i forgot about having breakfast - i was so into it! My 'maths muscles' have stretched out recently, and i can spend more time focusing and assimilating information, without getting tired. And it makes me enjoy it more, too.
I do some reading, sleep, JGB and teaching related. The latter reminds of my work at the school 5 years ago. It was my first job after graduation. The book made me recall some mistakes I made then, but didn't recognize at a time, so very useful reading. This book is full of good stuff. A little quote:
Learning to fail meaningfully means we acknowledge our fallibility (in ourselves and others). Label the failure for what it is - a mistake, a lapse in judgement (even a lack of skills) - and instead of excusing the failure ask what can be learned from it...
(Behaviour Management, Bill Rogers)
I make the good move and contact more teaching agencies, to broaden my search for work, with a special focus on London. Have a big 'aha moment' when notice a release once this is done. As if the emotional baggage, a concern I couldn't quite name and identify before was off my shoulders. Perhaps i was worrying i'm not doing enough? I'll continue in the same line tomorrow.
I have some Polish food for lunch (mielone), then go out for a lovely walk. The weather is fab, i feel great and the book (KW) is mind blowing.
Back home, guitar action. Then tidy up around the flat and go shopping with Marek.
In the evening M's sister Marlena arrives from Tychy, to join us here! It's great to see her and we have a nice evening together, with a lot of cheeky jokes and delicious pizzas made by Marek.
Just journal to post now, and ready for bed.
It's 23.12
Wednesday, 11 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment