Sunday, 22 February 2009

22nd February 2009

Sant Cugat, Spain
The Orchestra of Crafty Guitarists
Day 2

In the morning, when we were playing in the circle, I experienced entering into confidence of music. Sometimes i know when to refrain from playing, or when to play - fingers just follow. The space in between is filled with doubt and thinking. The key for me here is to remain present and listen.

I visited different groups to check out how different instructors work - some of them I haven't met yet in 4.5 years in GC. I come back to 'baby steppers' which feels good. Then the group is passed on to LR. We address very basics, like establishing the pulse, playing off-beats. Very challenging for our little group and for me informative in terms of how the instructor supports the students in developing attention.

Another late night, but i feel energized and inspired. Kind of an ambigous situation where on the one hand you're very tired and on the other hand full of life.

Today something shifted in the team/kitchen. My sense was that it's time to give more attention to the kitchen and the Role, which means letting go of the most of the group guitar work done on this course. Fine, this actually came easy, to respond and go with the flow.

Today I lost the distance to myself and took JK too seriously. Two guitar instructors helped too see it.

No comments: