Friday, 20 February 2009

20th February 2009

Sant Cugat, Spain

A deep sleep last night - this is good, but not enough. In the morning i manage to do some Chi Kung - doing it once a day during the course should be sufficient to maintain the work with it.

The morning sitting is peaceful, however i notice that often i withdraw inside myself, and forget about the group, and sometimes the reverse happens. Wishing for balance. At one point I impartially look at myself, and my back lets go of the tension which allows finding poised & relaxed position. Perhaps the particular view of myself I was holding created this tensed and fixed posture?

I also begin reading JG Bennett's Energies: Material, Vital & Cosmic, as a part of the Applied Reading Circle work.

Speaking about it: In the evening I made the bread and made few mistakes. It was almost a disaster, but managed to recover it after a long work. The 4 material energies that Mr.B talks about were clearly present in the process of bread making. For example the heat (E12) is absolutely necessary to make the yeast grow, to make the lump of dough turn into edible food. Too much heat kills it, too little doesn't make it grow. To put the dough together so it holds (cohesive, E11) a directed energy (E10) has to be applied. Then there's plasticity (E9) of the bread which indicates whether the dough is ready or not. And then there's also the action of yeast...

While waiting for the bread to cook I get to practice some 'DV' empty the bins in the kitchen and do a short 'recap' sitting.

The guitar borrowed from Jorge is great. I'd like to acquire this model in the future.

No comments: