Monday, 3 November 2008

2nd November - the wave

A late morning in the KB flat, again. Sitting.

A lovely day at home spent with my parents, there's a lot good food, including white borsch with dried wild mushrooms picked by my uncle and beans. We usually only have it for Christmas, an opening meal in our home, so for me, it's quite the treat, mmm. The weather is also fine, quite unusual as for this time of the year, warm with a light breeze, and there was some sun too.

In the evening there's the Extended Circle Project meeting. Here's a brief report:

The preparation for this meeting is the specific exercise in inhibition/sensation on the hour (between 12 & 18 o'clock) I arrive in the apartment where I practice around 16.30 to have more time to quiet down. This includes chi kung and AT lie-down.

Something changes this evening, as if the magnifying glass was put on everything I do, in a very good way. I was also very low on energy in the past few days, with regular headache, now it's all gone!

18.30 Begin formally, although the meeting clearly begun earlier.

I'm going to record 3 takes of the courante from the G suite during this meeting.

But first: the right hand.

Metronome at 65

Strings: DDAA
Feet : LRR (with the metronome)

Right hand: half notes, quarter notes (introduce feet), eighth notes, sixteenth notes.

After this is a good moment for the first take of the piece.

JOTD.

Second take of the piece - too fast.

Third take - slower.

The recording program is confusing and I'm unable to edit it and listen to the takes. The first one is actually gone! I think we are having a little problem with a sound engineer.

Lord's Prayer.

Relax, visualize the group.

I have the clear sense of completion at 20.25, but also complete formally with the Team at 20.30 It was very supportive to work with the group, and I'm very grateful for it.

-----------

After this leave straight home and then for a chat with Marcin and Jan. Very nice evening, and a long one too. We make plans with M. to meet with guitars tomorrow, at 20 o'clock.

Very late evening in the KBF. Stuff, including journals.

It's 1.17 am, now sitting and off to bed.

No comments: